NYS Parent Brochure
Letchworth Central Schools have moved into the implementation phase of the Next Generation Learning Standards, which replaces the Common Core from years past. For more information about what this means for children in terms of what's being learned, how it's being taught, and how we will assess our learning, please see the document to your right for details.
For the NYS School Report Card, please visit data.nysed.gov for the latest information on Letchworth CSD. To contact the Curriculum Director - Michelle Bergmann with questions regarding NYS Standards & Curriculum, NYS Assessments, homeschool information, McKinney-Vento Homeless Act, or any other concerns, feel free to email or call the Curriculum Office at (585) 493-3513.
The below information can be found at: https://www.nysed.gov/curriculum-instruction/next-generation-learning-standards-parent-resources
What are the Next Generation Learning Standards?
Why were the standards revised?
When will the Next Generation Standards be implemented?
How will the standards be assessed?
How can I learn more?
- goals for New York State students
- organized by subjects and grade levels
- the learning intended to be accomplished by the end of a specific school year
- approved by the New York State Board of Regents
- the content, concepts and skills students will learn to enable them to meet the standards
- determined by individual school districts
- the approaches and strategies an educator chooses to teach the curriculum
- based on the needs of students
- determined by classroom teachers and district
- are processes used to learn about student progress
- guide and inform teaching
- are determined by local districts and/or teachers, as well as New York State
- NYS administers:
- ELA & Math Assessments in Grades 3-8
- Science Assessments in Grades 4&8
- Regents Examinations
- English as a Second Language Achievement Test (NYSESLAT)
- Alternate Assessment (NYSAA)
- NYS administers: