Masking Changes 03 01 22
Dear Letchworth Families,
We have finally reached the next milestone in this two year journey.
As of Wednesday, March 2, 2022 mask wearing in school and on buses will be an individual’s choice at Letchworth CSD.
Late Friday afternoon (2/25/22), the CDC released updated guidance that removes their recommendation for a universal mask mandate in school and on our buses. They indicate a new metric system that evaluates cases within a community on low-medium-high ratings.
On Sunday, (2/27/27) Gov. Hochul indicated that NYSDOH would lift the mandatory school mask mandate starting
Wednesday, March 2. As superintendents, we were informed that additional guidance would be issued. We have not received it yet. When I receive further guidance from the DOH I will pass it on to you.
Our local DOH corresponded with the following statement.
“AFTER MEETING INTERNALLY AND DISCUSSING GOVERNOR HOCHUL’S PRESS CONFERENCE OVER THE WEEKEND, WE HAVE DETERMINED IT APPROPRIATE TO FOLLOW NYS AND CDC GUIDANCE ON MASK USAGE IN SCHOOLS, AND NOT IMPOSE ADDITIONAL MANDATES.”
● Students and/or staff who choose to mask will be supported as will those who choose not to mask
● We will continue with daily cleaning and sanitizing protocols
● KN95/N95 masks are available for anyone upon request
● COVID test kits remain available to families upon request
● We will continue to communicate with the local DOH when necessary
● Students and staff should remain home when not feeling well
(This is all subject to change if guidance is updated.)
Whatever your family chooses to do in regards to masks, we will treat you with respect and dignity.
Thank you for your continued support as we move forward.
Together...We are Letchworth,
Todd Campbell, Superintendent