01 13 22 Protocol Update
January 14, 2022
Dear Letchworth Families,
Here is some further information that can help you as we navigate the new guidelines from NYSDOH. We received new information from NYSDOH last night, January 13, 2022. This new guidance will help keep students in school and participating with all activities. Universal masking and social distancing is still required on school grounds.
- Individuals who test positive for COVID-19 will be required to isolate for a minimum of five (5) days regardless of vaccination status.
- Further isolation will be required if symptoms persist.
- Unvaccinated* – Five (5) days
- Fully vaccinated, eligible for a booster, but not yet boosted* – Zero (0) days. The individual may attend school for instruction only. The individual may not attend extracurricular activities and must adhere to quarantine guidance outside of school.
- Fully vaccinated and boosted or not yet eligible for a booster – Zero (0) days.
As a school, we will be implementing the following procedures to help families keep students in school and participating in extracurriculars when identified as a close contact.
setting in consultation with the WCDOH. Areas where mask wearing and social distancing cannot be accomplished consistently, may require identifying close contacts. (ex: Pre-K and certain situations for children with disabilities) The school will notify you if your child is a close contact. Test- to-stay may be an option for your child in these cases. Parents will
follow the test-to stay procedures below.
If the student tests positive the student will remain home and commence 5 days of
Please call with questions: 493- 2581 x5007 (Val Miller)
- STEP 1: Email our COVID test administrator for an appointment time: firstname.lastname@example.org
- STEP 2: Go to our school website at this link to register.
We realize there will be questions that arise. We will work through it with you and help this process work as smoothly as we can. Please be patient and gracious to our Health Staff and administration as we do this together.
Together...We are Letchworth,