WELCOME TO LETCHWORTH CENTRAL SCHOOL
The Letchworth Central School district was formed in the summer of 1946 and encompasses nearly 121 square miles, including most of the six townships of southeastern Wyoming County. The large geography of the district and the fact that none of its six communities is centrally located necessitates an extensive transportation network. The Donald F. Lockwood Elementary building has replaced the outlying elementary schools. The entire educational plant has been on one campus on School Road since December of 1980. A 700-seat auditorium and nine classrooms were added in 1990-91. In 2000, the District completed a building and renovation project that included the addition of 24 classrooms, a media center, gym and new playing fields. The District enrolls approximately 950 students in grades pre-K-12. The Staff consists of approximately 105 teachers and appropriate supportive specialists, the Superintendent of Schools, one High School Principal (9-12), one Middle School Principal (5-8), one Elementary Principal (K-4), a Business Administrator, an Assistant Principal (5-12), a Director of Curriculum and Instruction, a Director of Pupil Personnel, a part-time Athletic Director and sufficient clerical, custodial and transportation personnel. The District offers a comprehensive educational program for all grades K-12. Pupils with handicapped conditions are provided for in resource rooms and regular classes in the home school district and in BOCES programs. Approximately 40 pupils attend career and technical education courses located at the GVEP Charles G. May Occupational Center and its annexes.
The Letchworth Central school district includes Bliss, Castile, Eagle, Pike, Silver Springs, and Gainesville. The large geography of the district and the fact that none of its six communities is centrally located necessitates an extensive transportation network.